Being engaged is an exciting time in a couple’s journey having made a commitment to one another and now planning out your big day. It’s a wonderful time to capture, and these photos can be used for save the dates or included in wedding invitations as well. Because this is such a big occasion, you naturally want to look your best. Here are the top ten tips on what to wear for engagement photos to ensure that you do.
1. Coordinate your outfits instead of matching exactly. Wear colours that complement each other. Ensure you are either equally casual or formal.
2. Between the two of you strike a balance of pattern to solid and colour to neutral. If one is dressed in a really bold pattern or colour then the other should be more subdued.
3. Match your clothing to the photo shoot location. You can play up a theme that suits your interests or matches the upcoming wedding theme.
4. Incorporate your personal fashion style by including a unique piece of clothing or accessory.
5. If you’re wearing solids or neutrals, you can add texture and interest through layers or fun accessories.
6. Wear one outfit and bring another to change into partway through. Perhaps have one dressy and one casual outfit.
7. If either of you are getting a haircut, be sure to schedule it at least 2 weeks prior to the photo shoot. This will allow time for it to grow in and you to get used to styling it.
8. Be stylish yet still practical for your surroundings to ensure you can move around and get into all the poses you want. Consider dress or skirt length and footwear especially.
9. A fun option is to wear what will be your wedding colours. This is especially great if you’re using these photos for your save the dates or invitations.
10. Most importantly, wear what you feel comfortable and confident in. This will shine through the most in photos making you look radiant.
Implement these tips before your engagement session, and then Kristine will ensure the lighting and angles are great and you’re posed in flattering ways at the photo shoot. With everyone working together your engagement photos will turn out beautifully.
Browse through Kristine’s engagement portfolio. Then you can contact her to book your engagement photo session.
Posted written by Grace Furman, owner/writer of Heartful Habits
Comments are closed.